Professional Tips on How To Increase The Air Quality of Your Home
Multiple services are offered across the US by home-services professionals to keep your home healthy. Generally, the services provided are of high level and are up to the customer’s satisfaction. Companies work ethically to form a long relationship with their customers.
Some of the most common services provided are: Cleaning and maid services, cleaning and sealing the deck, fence, patio or porch, gutter cleaning and gutter covers, and power washing of exterior surfaces. Some areas require expert services with skilled and trained technicians. One such area is “Air duct cleaning”.
Importance of air duct cleaning
It is very important to understand for any resident that breathing clean air inside a home is of utmost importance.
Did you know:
According to the National Air Duct Cleaner’s Association, an average house collects 20 to 40 pounds of dust, dirt and allergens in the air ducts each year. You will be surprised to gather the knowledge that 40000 to 50000 dust mites can thrive in just one ounce of dust. Think of unhealthy fungus, molds and bacteria that the dust mites actually contain. It is estimated that indoor air can be more polluted than outdoor air.
Your air ducts may need cleaning if you see these alarming signs:
- When you notice little wisps of dust puffing out from an air duct every time when you turn on your home’s ventilation and air conditioning system (HAVC).
- Dust and pet hair getting trapped in vents since a long period. Open one of the vent covers and look inside for trapped dirt or debris.
- Excessive dust built up in home due to a recent remodeling of house or a small construction project.
- An air duct with permanent or long term water damage.
- Mold, mildew, slime or other microbial growth on the vents or air filters.
- Restricted air flow due to debris accumulation.
- Any evidence seen of insect infestation.
- Offensive odors from the HAVC system.
- Frequent bouts of illness or allergies among family members.
- Poor air flow in the furnace. Open the furnace compartment and examine the blower fan and motor for signs of deposited dust.
Role of home services
Home services are dedicated to improving the quality of air throughout your home. Cleaning the ducts, providing a variety of filters, and eco-friendly solutions, are all a part of services provided by many agencies.
Cleaning up of the air duct system depends upon the extent of dust built up. A skilled and trained technician will inspect each air duct, opening all panels that are accessible. Depending on the seriousness of need, equipment required will be brought. In addition to cleaning supply ducts, air vents, return ducts, and diffusers, the entire system will undergo routine cleaning and maintenance as well. All components such as coils, filters, fan’s motor, heat exchanger will be addressed properly. The technician will also address to the problematic areas, such as source of dirt, including moisture, water, dust, debris, pest contamination and other pollutants.
So the next time you see any of the above signs in your home, do not put your, and your family’s health at risk. Call a professional right away.